To enable children to become Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors who will make a positive contribution to the world.
In any school community values are essential for building positive relationships and creating a climate for learning between pupils, staff, parents, partners and the local community. At Airyhall Primary, we share a common sense of values which guides our approaches, relationships, policies and behaviour. We believe these values will guide all that we do.
Together we will continue to develop a learning environment and school community-
- Which enables high quality teaching and learning to take place.
- Where children become increasingly aware of their learning style as they transition through our school.
- Which develop higher order thinking skills in
- Which creates a wealth of opportunities for children to learn from and through.
- Encourages children to identify and reflect on their learning, identify next steps and apply their learning to other situations.
- Which instils in children the joy of learning to enable them to become lifelong learners.
- Which encourages all staff to develop professionally.
- Where children, staff and members of the school community are treated fairly and understand the importance and need for respect and manners.
- Which encourages meaningful partnerships with parents/carers and the local community.
- Which teaches children about sustainability, the importance of their place in the world and how they can influence change.
- Which teaches children about how they can help those less fortunate by being informed and active in doing so.
- Which has the resources and knowledge required to effectively deliver a curriculum for the 21st
- Which is inclusive and meets the needs of all learners.
- Which encourages and fosters self-motivation in pupils.
- Where children lead the learning, have a voice and are actively encouraged to make a valued contribution to the learning and opportunities which take place in their school.
- Which celebrates achievement both in and out of school.
- Where everyone in our school community are proud to members of Airyhall Primary School.
Revised May 2016