A Hectic End to Term 3 in P3R

Well, here we are at the end of term 3 already, and what a busy one it has been.

Thank you to all those who came along to support our show. The children were so excited to share all their efforts with you and I’m sure you will agree that it was worth it. Lots of proud teacher moments (and maybe a wee tear!) ย For those who sadly couldn’t make it I hope that you have heard in intricate detail all about it!

In between all our rehearsals we have managed to squeeze in some work as well! We have been talking about tiling and tessellation and had a go at doing it ourselves. The children worked in teams to ’tile the table’. There were some nice ideas for designs if any of you are thinking of redecorating!

We also discovered that some shapes were much easier to tile than others.

We had a trip up to Slopefield. We took back a sunflower head that had been drying in the classroom all winter and we planted the seeds into pots. We also planted lettuce seeds, onion bulbs and tidied up the strawberry patch. ย We have taken the sunflower seeds and lettuce seeds back to school to look after! We hope that they are still alive by our next Slopefield trip!

I hope everyone has a lovely break and I will see you all ready for our last term of Primary 3!