Happy Easter from all in P5W!

Hello everyone,

We have had a very busy few weeks in the run up to the holidays. The class have been working very hard and are looking forward to a much deserved break.

Our Physical World

Throughout our recent science topic, the class have been learning about dissolving and melting through a range of science experiments. We have also been learning about the importance of conserving water, the water cycle and finally the class participated in a group challenge to create an effective water filter! We will be finishing off this topic at the beginning of Term 4 by looking at different chemical reactions. I think we have a few scientists in the making.

World Book Day

For World Book Day, the class enjoyed sharing a book with each other. We also completed some research on our favourite authors and reviewed our books. In the afternoon, we joined up with P2B for a paired reading session. The class loved going to the P2 class to share their favourite books with the younger ones and read them a story.

The Imagineers

The Children’s Parliament paid us a visit for a workshop linked to Children’s Rights and human dignity. The class discussed in groups what they thought was needed to keep children healthy and happy at different stages of their development. They then talked about things that made them happy and things that made them sad and made a ‘Dignometer’ illustrating these things on a scale.

Aspirations Talks

The children really impressed me with their aspirations talks. I can tell lots of work went into the research, planning and preparations. There was some fantastic visual aids and I think the children have really developed their confidence presenting to the class. I loved hearing (and learning about) all about the different jobs they want to do when they’re older!

Scottish Opera

I just wanted to sign off with how proud I am of the class for all the hard work that went into their Scottish Opera performance. I am sure you will agree that they were all fantastic. It was fabulous to see what they could produce after spending only a couple of hours with the Scottish Opera team.

P5W have had a fabulous term with lots of exciting things going on. I am really looking forward to Term 4 where we will be learning all about Scottish Art Culture, including the NuArt exhibition that is coming to Aberdeen next month.

I wish you all a very happy and restful Easter holiday,

Miss Winchester 🙂