- Early level: Nursery and Primary 1 (or later for some)
- First Level: Primary 2, Primary 3 and Primary 4 (but earlier or later for some)
- Second Level: Primary 5, Primary 6 and Primary 7 (but earlier or later for some)
- Third/FourthLevel: First Year, Second and Third Year (but earlier or later for some)
- Senior Phase: Fourth Year, Fifth and Sixth Year (S4, S5, S6)
Please note that this is a general guide as all learners will progress through curriculum levels at a pace appropriate to them.
Levels Within Reports
The Scottish Government has asked all schools in Scotland to report on the level pupils have achieved. At first glance, it may appear that your child has not progressed since their previous written report. However, children will take several years to move from one level to the next and progress will be described in the report.